Eggplant Chicken Pizza
Minutes to Prepare: 25
Minutes to Cook: 15
Number of Servings: 6
1 Eggplant, unpeeled
Olive Oil Salt Pepper
1/2 cup Newman’s Own Marinara Sauce (or other low sugar marinara)
12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast
3 ounces reduced fat Cheddar Cheese
1) Pre-cook the chicken (or use rotisserie chicken — light meat, no skin– to speed preparation)
2) Slice the eggplant into 6 large slices or 12 smaller slices. (1 large = 1 serving or 2 small = 1 serving).
3) Brush eggplant slices lightly with olive oil (If desired, sprinkle lightly with salt and sprinkle as desired with pepper). Bake for 10-12 minutes. Flip half way through.
4) Divide the marinara between the eggplant slices
5) Top with chicken, cheese, mushrooms (and any additional vegetables you desire) and bake for 5 minutes.
Serving Size: Makes 6 servings Nutritional Info per Serving:
- Calories: 185.5
- Protein: 18.0 g
- Cholesterol: 47.8 mg
- Sodium: 213.0 mg
- Total Carbs: 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.3 g
Recipe Modified from www. sparkpeople.com
FOR MORE RECIPES: