This Strawberry Whip is a perfect way to enjoy dessert…and some healthy protein at the same time thanks to the addition of ricotta cheese!
- 2 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, quartered (or use frozen strawberries with no sugar added)
- 1/2 cup fat free ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup plain, fat free yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 packets artificial sweetener
- 6 tablespoons egg white substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Combine strawberries, ricotta, yogurt, orange zest, vanilla, and sweetener in the container of a food processor and process until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, whip egg white substitute and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold beaten egg whites into strawberry mixture.
- Pour into 4 small dessert bowls and chill overnight.
Makes 4 servings.
Per serving: 85 calories, 9 grams protein, 14 grams carbohydrate, <1 gram fat, 4 mg. cholesterol, 2 grams fiber, 85 mg. sodium
From Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery by Pat Levine and Michele Bontempo-Saray
FOR MORE RECIPES:
- Follow TUCSON BARIATRIC (Pinner Name) on Pinterest