Chicken stuffed with ricotta cheese, artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes, and fresh herbs.
½ cup ricotta cheese
3 Tablespoons pine nuts
2 Tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
1 Tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
2 Tablespoons sun dried tomatoes, chopped
1 artichoke heart, chopped
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, pounded ¼ inch thick, being careful not to tear the meat
½ cup white wine
Salt and pepper, to taste
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, pine nuts, basil, thyme, garlic, sun dried tomatoes, and artichoke heart. Mix well.
- Lay the pounced chicken breast flat and divide the cheese mixture evenly.
- Spread the cheese mixture over the top of the chicken breast and roll the chicken breast tightly.
- Place the chicken seam side down into a baking pan.
6.Pour the white wine into the baking pan with the chicken, and add the salt and pepper.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until done and juices run clear. Serve.
Tip: You can prepare this dish a day or two in advance and store in the refrigerator until you’re ready to bake and serve it.
Makes 4 servings. Per serving: 222 calories, 28 g protein, 4 g carbohydrate, 10g total fat, 4 g saturated fat, 79mg cholesterol, 283mg sodium.
Recipe Resource: Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies , by Marina Kurian, MD, FACS, Barbara Thompson, and Brian Davidson
FOR MORE RECIPES:
- Follow TUCSON BARIATRIC (Pinner Name) on www.pinterest.com
- See the nutrition corner on our website: www.tucsonbariatric.com