Inside Out Cheeseburger
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1 pound 90%-lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat grill to medium-high or preheat the broiler.
- Combine Cheddar and Gruyere in a small bowl.
- Gently mix beef, Worcestershire, paprika and pepper in a large bowl, preferably with your hands, without overworking. Shape into 8 thin, 4-inch-wide patties. Mound 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture on each of 4 patties, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Cover each with one of the remaining patties. Crimp and seal the edges closed.
- To grill: Lightly oil the grill rack. Grill the stuffed patties over medium-high heat, about 4 minutes per side for medium-well. (Be sure not to press the burgers as they cook or they’ll split open and the cheese will ooze out.) To broil: Cover a broiler pan with foil and coat with cooking spray. Broil the stuffed patties in the upper third of the oven, about 4 minutes per side for medium-well. In either case, let the burgers stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Per serving : 264 Calories; 16 g Fat*; 7 g Sat; 6 g Mono; 89 mg Cholesterol; 1 g Carbohydrates
*Note: Use lowfat to cheese to further reduce fat and calories in this recipe.
From EatingWell: June/July 2005, The EatingWell Healthy in a Hurry Cookbook (2006)
FOR MORE RECIPES: