Grilled Teriyaki Tuna Packet
Grilling in foil packets allows for all the flavors to meld and clean up is a snap!
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1/4 cup lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 4 pieces of aluminum foil (12 inches long each)
- Cooking Spray
- 12 oz package fresh stir-fry vegetables
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp no-salt seasoning (such as Mrs. Dash or Salt-Free Spike)
- 4 (4-oz each) yellowfin ahi tuna steak (fresh or frozen; if frozen, thaw before using)
- In a small sauce pan, whisk together the soy sauce, water, honey, and garlic. Bring to boiling, then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 7 to 8 minutes or until the sauce is reduced to 1/4 cup. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium heat and spray one side of each sheet of foil with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, toss together vegetables, garlic and seasoning.
- Evenly divide the vegetables among the pieces of foil. Top the vegetables with a piece of tuna steak and drizzle 1 Tbsp of prepared Teriyaki sauce over the tuna.
- Bring the ends of the foil together and fold over tightly, three times until sealed to make a packet.
- Grill the packets for 20 minutes. Be careful when opening the packets; the steam may be hot.
Serving Size: 1 packet Calories: 189, Protein, 30g, Fat 1g, Carbohydrate 12g
Recipe source: http://www.diabetes.org
FOR MORE RECIPES:
- Follow TUCSON BARIATRIC (Pinner Name) on www.pinterest.com
- See the nutrition corner on our website: www.tucsonbariatric.com