Egg-Chilada: An Alternative to Enchilada
1 egg + 1 egg white
Black pepper and salt to taste
1 ounce protein of choice (tofu, chicken, or ground beef work well)
2 tablespoons salsa
1 tablespoon shredded Mexican blend cheese
2 tablespoons plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- Scramble the egg and egg white in a small bowl
- Spray a skillet or griddle with cooking spray and set it over medium heat.
- Pour the scrambled eggs onto the heated pan and allow it to spread into a generally circular shape.
- Leave the eggs alone for a minute or two; allowing the edges to set. Add a sprinkle of black pepper and salt to the eggs while they’re setting.
- Slide a spatula beneath the eggs and flip (don’t worry if some egg pours off at this point).
- Cook eggs on the other side about two minutes or until completely cooked and transfer to a plate.
- Make a strip of filling for your egg-chilada with 1 oz. protein of choice and Mexican cheese.
- Roll up the egg “pancake” to form your egg-chilada.
- Top with salsa and Greek yogurt.
Serving size: 1 egg-chilada Calories: 171 Carbohydrate: 3 grams Fat: 8 grams Protein: 23 grams Sodium: 432 milligrams Sugar: 3 grams
FOR MORE RECIPES: