Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Plain nonfat greek yogurt + PB2 (powdered peanut butter). Top with a few slices of bananas or a few berries and sprinkle with cinnamon
- Scrambled egg whites. Top with salsa and a sprinkle with lowfat shredded cheese. If able: Roll in small corn tortilla.
- Lowfat cottage cheese + sliced strawberries or blueberries
- Lowfat cottage cheese + applesauce. Sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice.
- Lowfat ricotta cheese + shredded or diced apple (or ½ banana). Sprinkle with apple pie spice.
- Ready to drink protein shake (Use 10:1 Ratio rule when selecting a shake: http://tucsonbariatric.com/blog/101-ratio-rule/ )
- Cooked oatmeal with heaping spoon of protein powder stirred in (or pour ready to drink protein shake over the top, like “cream”)