Crustless Tuna Quiche
low-fat cooking spray or mist
6 oz can tuna chunks in water, rinsed and drained
4 eggs, beaten
1 cup low-fat cottage cheese with chives
6 spring onions/scallions, chopped
salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tomatoes, sliced
2 tsp mixed dried herbs (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Generously spritz a 8-inch quiche or flan dish with low-fat cooking spray or mist.
- Place the tuna in the dish and spread out evenly.
- Mix the eggs with the cottage cheese, spring onions/scallions and salt and pepper to taste. Pour over the tuna mixture to cover evenly.
- Top with the sliced tomatoes and sprinkle with the dried herbs if using.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until set and golden.
- Serve hot with vegetables, cold with salad or pack into a lunchbox for a portable meal.
Makes 6 servings. Per serving: 142 calories, 21g protein, 3 g carbohydrate, 5g fat.
Recipe source: www.bariatriccookery.com
FOR MORE RECIPES:
- Follow TUCSON BARIATRIC (Pinner Name) on www.pinterest.com
- See the nutrition corner on our website: www.tucsonbariatric.com