15 Minute Chili
- 1 cup fresh or frozen chopped onions
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can (28 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- ½ cup salsa
- 1 can (16 ounces) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Wash hands with warm water and soap. Wash fresh vegetables before preparing.
- Peel outer layer of onion off and chop.
- In a large pot, brown beef with chopped onions on medium heat. Add tomatoes and chop tomatoes with spoon breaking into small pieces.
- Add seasonings and salsa to beef mixture. Stir in drained, rinsed beans.
- Cook until hot and serve immediately.
Makes 10, 1 cup servings
Nutrition Information: Per Cup:
total fat, 2g
saturated fat, 1g
trans fat, 0
total sugars, 4g
Recipe from www.eatwellbewell.org and is adapted from Sparkpeople.com
FOR MORE RECIPES: