Tuna and White Bean Spread
- 5 oz tuna canned in water, drained
- 16 oz canned white beans or cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Garlic and salt to taste
- In a blender or food processor with the knife blade attached, whirl the tuna, beans, olive oil, lemon juice and parsley until smooth.
- Add garlic and salt to taste.
- Serve with sliced cucumber, bell pepper, carrots, celery and/or jicama or spread on a low-carb tortilla and roll it up.
Yields: 8, ¼ cup servings
Protein: 8 g
Fat: 2.5 g (0 g saturated)
Carb: 9 g (3 g fiber)
Recipe source: Author Unknown
FOR MORE RECIPES:
- Follow TUCSON BARIATRIC (Pinner Name) on www.pinterest.com
- See the nutrition corner on our website: www.tucsonbariatric.com