Taco-licious Stuffed Chicken
- 4 wedges The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss cheese
- 3 tbsp. thick salsa with 90mg of sodium or less per 2-tbsp. serving
- Four 5-oz. boneless skinless chicken breast cutlets, pounded to 1/3-inch thickness
- 1/4 cup taco sauce
- 1 oz. (about 15) baked tortilla chips, crushed (optional)
- Seasonings: salt and black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8″ X 8″ baking pan with nonstick spray.
In a medium bowl, mix cheese wedges until smooth. Add salsa and stir until uniform.
Season chicken cutlets with 1/8 tsp. each salt and black pepper. Evenly distribute cheese mixture among the centers of each cutlet. Tightly roll each over the cheese mixture and secure with toothpicks, if needed. Place in the baking pan.
Cover pan with foil, and bake for 20 minutes.
Remove foil and spread the top of each cutlet with 1 tbsp. taco sauce. (Optional: Top with crushed tortilla chips, and press to adhere. Bake until chicken is cooked through, about 20 more minutes.
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
1/4th of recipe (1 stuffed chicken breast): 244 calories, 6g total fat (2g sat fat), 526mg sodium, 8g carbs, <0.5g fiber, 2g sugars, 34.5g protein
Recipe source: www.hungrygirl.com
FOR MORE RECIPES:
- Follow TUCSON BARIATRIC (Pinner Name) on www.pinterest.com
- See the nutrition corner on our website: www.tucsonbariatric.com