Sweet Potato & Cauliflower Mash Recipe
This is a Great Thanksgiving Recipe Idea!
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1 pound cauliflower florets
- 3 tablespoons milk (preferably skim milk)
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Peel and cut sweet potato into 1 ½ -inch chunks.
- In large pot with steam basked, steam sweet potato and cauliflower with 1 inch of water in bottom of pot. Vegetables will be ready in about 10 – 12 minutes, or when fork tender.
- Place in large bowl and mash the potato and cauliflower with the milk. Stir in the Greek yogurt, garlic powder, salt and pepper. If too thick, add milk 1 tablespoons at a time, until desired consistency is achieved. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
- Serves 4 – 6
Recipe source: www.thefitfork.com
FOR MORE RECIPES:
- Follow TUCSON BARIATRIC (Pinner Name) on www.pinterest.com
- See the nutrition corner on our website: www.tucsonbariatric.com