Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
Salsa Chicken is easy to make; just put all the ingredients in a slow cooker and let the machine do the work!
- 2 pounds (32 ounces) chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 cup salsa, homemade or purchased
- 1 cup petite diced canned tomatoes (choose low-sodium)
- 2 tablespoons Taco Seasoning
- 1 cup onions, diced fine
- 1/2 cup celery diced fine
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 3 tablespoons sour cream, reduced fat
Place the chicken in a slow cooker. Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the meat then layer the vegetables and salsa on top.
Pour a half cup water over the mixture, set on low and cook for 6-8 hours. The meat is cooked when it shreds or reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
When ready to serve, break up the chicken with two forks then stir in the sour cream. Makes 8 one-cup servings of chicken.
Servings Per Recipe: 8 Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 177.5
- Total Fat: 4.1 g
- Cholesterol: 72.4 mg
- Sodium: 240.3 mg
- Total Carbs: 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.1 g
- Protein: 27.2 g
Recipe source: www.sparkpeople.com
FOR MORE RECIPES:
- Follow TUCSON BARIATRIC (Pinner Name) on www.pinterest.com
- See the nutrition corner on our website: www.tucsonbariatric.com