Non Scale Victories (“NSV’s”)
The number on the scale is NOT the only measure of your success.
Make a list of your own “Non Scale Victories” as they occur. You’ll be glad you did. You can refer back to the list in times you feel discouraged.
Here are some examples:
- You don’t need the extender belt on an airplane.
- You can shave your legs without a struggle or mirror.
- You make it up the stairs without breaking a sweat.
- You are not embarrassed to take a picture.
- You get to wear that dress that you’ve had in your closet for years.
- You can cross your legs.
- You aren’t always the biggest person in the room.
- You fit comfortably in a seat.
- You can wrap a standard bath towel around your body.
- You don’t have to shop at plus size stores.
- You can get in and out of booths easily at restaurants.
- Your joints don’t hurt at the end of the day.
- You are not the ‘fat’ member of your group of friends.
- You can play with your grandchildren.
- You have oodles of energy.
- You’re off your insulin.
- You no longer need your blood pressure or high cholesterol medications.