Jerk Chicken Lettuce Wrap
Prep: 10 minutes Marinate: 1 hour Cook: 10 minutes
- 3 tbsp. orange juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. jerk seasoning mix (like the kinds by McCormick)
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 4 oz. raw boneless skinless chicken breast, pounded to 1/2-inch thickness
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 pineapple ring (fresh or previously packed in juice)
- 4 large (or 2 extra-large) iceberg or butter lettuce leaves
- 2 tbsp. canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
Directions: In a sealable container (or sealable plastic bag), combine orange juice, jerk seasoning, and cayenne pepper. Mix thoroughly. Add chicken, and flip to coat. Seal and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Bring a grill pan (or skillet) sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Add chicken, reserving excess marinade. Cook for 4 minutes. Flip chicken. Lay pineapple on the pan. Add onion, bell pepper, and excess marinade. Stirring veggies occasionally, cook for 2 minutes. Flip pineapple. Stirring veggies occasionally, cook for about 2 more minutes, until chicken is cooked through, veggies are soft, and marinade has been absorbed.
Stack two large lettuce leaves, and place chicken in the center (or stack two extra-large leaves, and place chicken over one half). Top with pineapple, veggies, beans, and cilantro. Finish with remaining two large lettuce leaves (or wrap the extra-large leaves around the filling).
MAKES 1 SERVING
Entire recipe: 253 calories, 29.5g protein , 3.5g fat, 633mg sodium, 27g carbs, 4.5g fiber
Recipe source: www.hungrygirl.com
FOR MORE RECIPES:
- Follow TUCSON BARIATRIC (Pinner Name) on www.pinterest.com
- See the nutrition corner on our website: www.tucsonbariatric.com