Grilled Shrimp Skewers
Serves: 9 Serving Size: 1 skewer
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 scallions, (white and green parts), minced
- 1 pound peeled and deveined raw medium shrimp
- 9 bamboo skewers, soaked in warm water
- In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, crushed red pepper flakes, salt (optional), pepper and scallions.
- Add shrimp to bowl and toss to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Divide shrimp evenly among nine skewers. Discard remaining marinade.
- Grill skewers 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until shrimp are pink and slightly firm to the touch.
Nutrition Facts Calories 55; Carbohydrate 0g; Protein 11g; Fat 1g; Saturated Fat 0.2g; Sugar 0g; Dietary Fiber 0g; Cholesterol 80mg; Sodium 425mg; Potassium 105mg