- 1 teaspoon light butter
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ cup liquid egg substitute
- 2 large pitted black olives, sliced
- 2 teaspoons finely diced green bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons feta cheese crumbles
1.In an omelet pan over medium heat, melt the butter, swirling the pan to coat evenly. Add the thyme and sauté about 1-2 minutes, until it begins to bubble and sweat.
2.Add the egg substitute, stirring gently but constantly with a heat resistant rubber spatula, scraping the bottom of the pan to keep the eggs moving to avoid browning.
When the eggs are almost finished, add the olive, pepper, and cheese and turn off the heat. Gently fold the ingredients into the eggs, turning over with the rubber spatula.
When the cheese becomes soft but not dissolved, turn the scramble onto a plate.
Makes 1 serving. Per serving: 9g protein, 96 calories, 6 g total fat, 247mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate
Recipe Resource: Recipes for Life After Weight Loss Surgery by Margaret Furtado, MS, RD, LDN
FOR MORE RECIPES:
- www.tucsonbariatric.com (See the Nutrition Corner)
- pinterest.com: Follow TUCSON BARIATRIC (Pinner Name)