Crabmeat Stuffed Mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 16 medium to large mushrooms, washed, stems removed and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (6 oz) can Chicken of the Sea® Lump Crabmeat, drained
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- In large skillet, melt butter.
- Sauté bell peppers, green onions and parsley until tender.
- Add chopped mushroom stems and mix until mushrooms give up their liquid and begin to dry; remove from heat.
- Add bread crumbs and seasonings; fold in crab.
- Using a tablespoon, heap the mixture into the mushroom cap.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
**Add a Little Twist: These mushroom caps are also delicious with cooked shrimp, lobster, or clams.
Serving Size 1 mushroom; Calories 35; Calories from Fat 15; Saturated Fat 1; Carbohydrates 4; Fiber <1; Sugars 1; Protein 2; Cholesterol 10; Sodium 180; Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 10%; Calcium 2%; Iron 2%;
FOR MORE RECIPES:
- Follow TUCSON BARIATRIC (Pinner Name) on www.pinterest.com
- See the nutrition corner on our website: www.tucsonbariatric.com