Great anytime of day, this breakfast sausage is a good source of protein!
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 1/3 cup peeled and diced red apple
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons diced onion
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
1. In a medium bowl, combine ground chicken with all other ingredients and mix well.
2. Make patties, using 1/3 cup mixture for each.
3. Place patties in a large saute pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Saute over medium heat until cooked through, about 3-5 minutes each side, or until golden brown.
Makes 6 servings, each containing approximately:
140 calories, 18g protein, 4g carbohydrate, 6g fat, trace fiber
Recipe from www.canyonranch.com
- Crumble and serve with scrambled egg whites
- Crumble and use in spaghetti sauce in place of ground beef, and then serve over cooked spaghetti squash(instead of spaghetti noodles).
FOR MORE RECIPES: